What is the key priority to increase trade matching take-up?
A: Get small and medium size clients on board through simple connectivity (xls upload, web-based input...): 16%
B: Promote large-scale standardised connectivity (SWIFT, FIX...): 22%
C: Deliver a full end-to-end STP solution, from trade matching down to settlement house: 39%
D: Deliver full SSI matching: 6%
E: It should be imposed by regulation: 17%
What are the key drivers to trade match (pre-settlement matching)?
- A: Enable efficient T+2 settlement compression prompted through from market regulation changes (reducing risk of settlement failure): 21%
- B: Allow execution and settlement scalability through further automation: 9%
- C: Reduce operational and business risk in post trade pre-settlement processing: 62%
- D: Trade matching is not needed (settlement matching is enough): 8%
How do you see transaction reporting volumes evolving after the implementation of the MiFID review?
- Increase <2x: 13%
- Increase 2x-5x: 49%
- Increase 5x-10x: 20%
- Increase >10x: 18%
What is your firm's level of automation in trade matching?
Less than 30%: 31%
Between 30% and 50%: 15%
Above 50%: 28%
Don't know: 26%
How do you rate the benefits of consolidating your reporting (trade, transaction, repository, etc) through a single entity/pipe?
- Significant: 57%
- Limited: 14%
- None: 5%
- No analysis yet undertaken: 24%
About the survey
In the run-up to the Xtrakter Annual User Conference and Forum on 17 May 2012, we asked the 300+ registered delegates to take a pre-event survey on regulatory and matching developments. At the event itself, we used interactive polling to gain audience feedback on key questions raised during each session.